Friday 25 March 2016

2016 LIBERATE YOUR ART (LYA 16) POSTCARD ARRIVAL - LOUISE, SHARON, EMILY and DIANA


When you receive a swap postcard, it is customary to post an image on the Facebook event page here. This is the image and tribute that Louise Mamet in France wrote when she received mine. 

"Train wheels are running through the back of my memory
When I ran on a hilltop following a pack of wild geese
Someday everything is gonna sound like a rhapsody
When I paint my masterpiece..."
Bob Dylan and Band

I was inspired by these words upon receiving Sea Dean's side swap of Liberate your Art 2016... Sea is an amazing artist capturing so well the expressions while portraying these pets. Her website is paintamasterpiece.blogspot.com, now you understand better why I thought of the above lyrics... 

On a more personal note, the ceramic dog standing next to Sea's postcard was my mother's pet when she was a little girl... So precious ❤

Bloggers Note:  I look forward to receiving Louise's side swap in a few weeks time when I can share her art and hopefully her website.

Emily received a swap postcard in Ashburn, VA, USA and her cat Mister was not impressed

I have received word that three of my LYA 2016 postcards have arrived, one in Iowa City, Iowa, USA, one in Ashburn, Virginia, USA and the other in Fullerton, California, USA. I will have to check my list, but I think that's a first for my work in Iowa and Virginia.

Sharon with one of her "Shedders" (I had to smile) and my postcard in Iowa City, IA, USA. Apparently her doggie was a bit camera shy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.