Monday 28 March 2016

ARROWLEAF DAISIES


ARROWLEAF DAISIES
8" x  10" Cradle Board



On Saturday, a venue that I've been trying to get into for 4 years found space for me. My solo exhibition is April 9th - May 7th and I need about 50 paintings. Of course I have many paintings on hand, but I feel that most have been exhibited in the vicinity before, so I reckon I need about 20 new works, not to mention packaging and mounting art cards and prints. I also need new work for my two galleries and a submission for spring/summer at the airport. Suddenly I'm ridiculously busy.

Today I got up, had a coffee and a smoothie and went straight into the studio. It wasn't until 8pm that I realized I hadn't checked emails or written a blog. I had been in the studio absolutely focused for about 10 hours, only coming out for tea. It's simply ages since I've done that and it feels good. I did feel somewhat guilty that I had missed a call from my Mum, but apart from that, apparently the world carried on without me.

P.S. I've called these daisies, but they are actually in the sunflower family. See more here.

Above is one of the new paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.