Friday 12 May 2017

Acceptance - Gallery 97

I've been quietly focused on a submission for the last couple of weeks. Initially I was preparing 3 landscapes in various sizes, because the gallery is on a main tourist hiway. I have always heard that juries prefer similar works with a congruent style, but after a conversation with one of the committee members, I was told to select three varied paintings and consider my sculpture as a separate entry. Back to the drawing board (quite literally).

After a challenging couple of days I selected two sculptures and three paintings for jury, completely expecting only one to get into the exhibition. The submission went in on Saturday and I was accepted on Monday. Imagine my surprise when all five pieces were accepted! This gallery is seasonal and usually has two exhibitions May/July and August/October.

Mid way through jury selection they decided to keep the selected works up for the whole period, restocking as needed and adding one more work from each artist in August with a theme to coincide with the Canada 150 celebrations. As soon as I received the acceptance I sent my submission for this smaller intake and my painting "True North" was accepted. Yay! so that's most of my summer organized.

"Well the jurying is complete and we are going to delight all our customers with the superior line up of talent we are representing for our 2017 season opening May 19 - October 2, open daily from 10-5 daily."

Gallery 97 Summer Season Open House June 4th 1pm - 4pm
https://www.gallery97.ca


BLUE WEAVE 24" x 24" Woven Painting

CRIMSON CIRCLE 15" x 30" Deep Gallery Wrap

SPARK 24" x 24" x 16" Acrylic and Metal

NEST EGG Metal and inorganic Material 7" x 7" x 5"









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.