Wednesday 8 November 2017

More Snow


Icicles are not a common sight around here, but I remember huge ones from my childhood in England. We used to break them off and suck on them like a huge popsicle. The weather has been weird for some years now and when I was out yesterday I came across this unusual winter wonderland.

The rare ice has formed because we have been hanging around 0 celcius (-32 farenheit) for a week now, slightly thawing during the middle of the day and dropping a few degrees below freezing at night. The slight thaws cause wet drips and the freezing hardens it similar to a stalegtie. There were even red berries to set off the fallen leaves and snow.


The snow and ice came so suddenly that some trees still have their golden leaves under the ice and snow. Quite beautiful. One benefit to the local retail outlets is that Christmas is in the air. Out shopping today many places were rushing their Holiday decorations out and as is my custom, I joined the trend and added a few choice sparkly things to my hoard.


Thanks to the building next door taking down a huge pine tree in the spring, I now have a bijou view of the lake from both bedroomsand my balcony. Through my new slice of view the morning mists and evening sunsets across the valley have been spectacular. I’ve even considered raising my bed a couple of feet so I can enjoy the view without getting up:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.