Friday 5 January 2018

Twelfth Night

Angel in the snow by Sea Dean

It’s Twelfth Night, the holidays are over, the decorations are boxed for another year and we’re well into 2018. For the first time in many years I’ve taken a long break from blogging, but I’ve been active in other areas of my art business. Changes are afoot, but many of my yearly events are also in prep. It’s going to be a busy and diversified year. I’m looking forward to the challenge.

Firstly, I would like to thank all my loyal supporters for inspiring me in 2017. In many ways it was a tough year and your visits to my blog, websites and in person have shored me up and made it possible to keep moving forward. I love reading your comments and visiting your blogs and websites, so keep up the good work.

I started to plan 2018 waaay back in June 2017 and all those exciting possibilities are now starting to unfold........

I have one exhibition still running till February 3rd. Kelowna Art Gallery Annual Members Show, Encounters, is very high quality this year and well worth a visit if you’re in the Okanagan. Admission is free on Thursdays. KAG is in the hub of the arts district, with the Rotary Center of the Arts, Community Theatre, Prospera Place, Kelowna Library, Opus Art Supplies, The Japanese Gardens, Lakeside Boardwalk and Stuart Park Open Air Skating Rink at the big bear sculpture. Along the boardwalk you can also visit the Ogopogo sculpture and the world famous “Spirit of Sail” sculpture. Bring your camera to capture the majestic Okanagan Lake in the snow.


My Artfinder website http://www.artfinder.com/sea-dean is superceding Daily Paintworks. Towards the end of last year I started to update my presence at Artfinder and there are now nearly 200 artwoks in my gallery. It is a place where, unlike DPW, I can exhibit all my work, traditional media, sculpture and new media like my One Finger iPad Drawings. Click here to see the changes. I will still add the occasional piece at DPW, but I find the daily painting mode no longer fits with my business plan, but I will still be entering some of the contests.

The first event of the year will be ”Leslie Saetas 30 paintings in 30 days”, which this time takes place in February. As January is generally my accounting, planning and catch up month, the deciasion to run this challenge one month later suits me perfectly. To read more about the challenge and/or join the event, click here. 

Another Annual event for me is the “Kat Sloma Liberate Your Art” Postcard Swap, which takes place April 13-15. Click here for details and/or to join the swap.

Lastly, Lake Country Art Gallery’s Intergenerational Exhibition “Who are we?” will start the end of February and I’m already planning collaborations. I love this opportunity to share in creation, and I’m as curious as you are about the works to be produced. For more info click here.

In the first few months of 2018 I am organising a roomier place to work, where hopefully I will be able to create larger and more experimental art works. All will be revealed as the project unfolds.

More soon.......

Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.