Monday 16 July 2018

Jewel Tree


I needed to step back for a while to decide whether to do more to this iPad drawing. I liked it just the way it is, but thought it may be a bit sparse once mounted. However, I think the tree has enough variation and uniqueness to carry the white space. We really do have a lot of very tall narrow trees around here, especially higher up in the hills. I felt the same way about my most popolar iPad drawing, BIRCHES when I had completed it. 

Surprisingly it was the lines of current on the lake which took the most amount of time: I drew the lines and changed the color of the pencil many times before I was happy with the result. The more I look at this the more I realise that any addition would ruin it. Possibly when I add paint I will only darken the body of the lake slightly.

I can’t wait to see this printed, mounted and embellished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.