Saturday 22 December 2018

It’s that time of year

Cool Jasperware by Sea Dean

The big day is racing towards us and it’s the time of year where we all sit back and review. We’re not the only ones, as the bulk of my incoming emails seem to be desperate attempts aimed at shoppers, or early reviews. I love reviews because someone has done the complex analyticl work for me and I can simply browse their findings. I will be compiling my personal review for 2018, but in the meantime here are some links to cool reviews and predictions I enjoyed recently

Artfinder - Top 30 Artists of 2018
I don’t know what is the top art platform in terms of sales, but Artfinder are up there with the best. Their system is superb, there is no monthly fee and their analysis is extremely useful if you want to sell more art. This is a must read!

7047 Abstract III by Sea Dean


Real Simple - Design Trends 2019
Artists will find these trends exciting.

For me it’s good to see that “Natural Finishes” are continuing to trend. I plan more wood sculptures in 2019 and I’ve just spent a year renovating and totally consumed with natural home decor. I am taking a conservative, traditional condo kicking and screaming into the contemporary world with an emphasis on trees and nature. Aaccording to Real Simple (big sigh of relief) the big natural trend is going to continue for some time.

Sherwyn Williams - Most popular paint colors in 2019
It’s always a good idea for the artist to keep one eye on home decor trends. Patrons buy for many reasons, but ultimately Art must fit their decor. For decorative pattern and abstract artists I prdict 2019 will be a big year

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.